Book Club: Managing Genius
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
First Reading Segment Instructions 5 A. Kline, Patron Technology I'm glad you like it, Katie! It's so practical and some of it is so obvious. I've had a lot of 'oh right! I knew that and I should be doing that!' moments!
by A. Kline, Patron Technology
Thursday, February 21, 2019
Welcome! 3 A. Kline, Patron Technology Just received my copy in the mail yesterday!! Excited to be part of this group!
by D. Chang, Caesars Entertainment
Wednesday, February 13, 2019
Second Reading Segment Instructions 1 A. Kline, Patron Technology I hate that I'll miss this one. I've got one precious day off in the middle of 3 weeks.
by K. Woody, High Point Theatre
Tuesday, April 9, 2019
Podcast: When Work Takes Over Your Life 0 A. Kline, Patron Technology https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/worklife-with-adam-grant/id1346314086?mt=2&i=1000409142146 Good podcast about whether tech has made us more productive, how to shut off after work and how to create some balance. Episode notes: “Technology is making it harder than ever to disconnect, but it might be easier than you think. To learn about setting boundaries, Adam talks with entrepreneur Arianna Huffington, leaders who have taken bold steps to ban emails at odd hours in their workplaces, and an FBI hostage negotiator who has surprising advice on saying no.” The WorkLife podcast is great, and there are a bunch of good episodes!
Saturday, March 23, 2019
Book Club Meeting Date and Info 0 A. Kline, Patron Technology Thanks for participating in the Doodle poll!  The first meeting will be Thursday, March 14 from noon to 1 pm eastern. Details below for both signing into the meeting and for the reading segment instructions.  ────────── Amy Kline is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting. Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/9456471727 One tap mobile +19292056099,,9456471727# US +16699006833,,9456471727# US (San Jose) Dial by your location +1 929 205 6099 US +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) Meeting ID: 945 647 1727 Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/acBeH34Eb3 ────────── First Reading Segment Instructions   Hello!  You should've received an email from me today asking you to complete a Doodle poll with date/time options. We'll schedule our first call just about a month from now!  Please complete the poll and let me know if you need me to order and ship the book to you!  First Reading:   Beginning through page 46 Questions for consideration in first reading segment: 1. What was your favorite quote/line/paragraph from this segment?  2. What idea shifted your thinking?  3. Tell us about your “aha” moment.  4. Share one of the take-a-ways you will put into practice from this segment. Questions we'll talk about at all sessions of the Book Club: 1. What points do you strongly agree with?  2. What points do you strongly disagree with?
Monday, February 25, 2019
What is your management mantra? 0 A. Kline, Patron Technology As I reread the very first intro segment, I’ve been thinking that no one truly taught me how to manage people and that mirroring others that have managed me may not be my best idea (not because they were bad managers but because they have different style, goals and experiences not to mention emotional intelligence). So who taught you to manage people and what are some pearls of wisdom that they dropped on you that stuck? Do you have management mantras? Please share!
Saturday, February 23, 2019