INTIX has established a scholarship program to achieve the following objectives:
- Assist ticketing professionals in reaching a higher level of performance by participating in INTIX conferences;
- Support organizations who do not have the budget to cover professional development costs by enabling them to provide continuing education to their employees;
- Enhance the knowledge of ticketing professionals so that they, in turn, will contribute to their organization and the profession as a whole.
Applicant must be a ticketing professional (full-time, part-time or freelance) with a minimum of three years paid experience. Ticket professionals who are currently seeking employment are welcome to apply providing they have a minimum of three years of paid experience. Applicant is only eligible for one grant within a five-year period. Applicant's employing organization must be financially unable to pay the registration fee. Previous grant recipients and organizations are ineligible to apply for five years from the time the previous grant was awarded. Applicant must submit 2 letters of support, at least one being from the ticketing professional's employing organization which details the applicant's professional need, organizational need, and financial need to attend the conference. INTIX membership is not required.
Please be advised that only complete applications will be considered.
The Professional Development Grants Committee uses the following judging standards in awarding grants:
50% Professional need
10% Financial need
10% INTIX Involvement
10% Organization type
DESCRIPTION OF AWARDS
Grants are primarily in the form of registration fee waivers. A select number of grants can include funding for both fee waivers and travel expenses. Funding for travel expenses will vary from event to event and be reflected in the annual budget. Grants are specific to the conference that an application was submitted and cannot be deferred for use at a future event.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF RECIPIENTS
Recipients must attend the full program on the date and location specified in their application. The grant is not transferable to another individual. Recipients must fill out the appropriate INTIX evaluation form in full after the meeting. Grant recipients are strongly encouraged to attend the committee meetings at the conference and are invited to join a committee.
NOTIFICATION OF SELECTION
Applicants will receive written notification of their selection no later than four weeks before the starting date of the program.
The INTIX Professional Development Grants Committee will have final responsibility for awarding the grants.
You can apply online or you can mail or email your Name, Title, Organization name, Full address, Phone, Fax and Email address along with answers to the following questions
- For which INTIX conference are you applying?
- Are you applying for assistance with hotel, travel, conference registration, or a combination of the three? Please list your needs.
- Years in current position?
- Years as a ticketing professional?
- Have you attend a conference previously? If so, how many?
- How will attending this conference benefit you as a ticketing professional?
- How will this conference benefit your organization?
- Please describe a recent professional accomplishment.
- Please describe your INTIX involvement.
- Briefly describe your current responsibilities.
- I am applying for a grant to cover the following expenses (select all that apply): Membership, Conference Registration, Airfaire and/or Hotel.
- If applicable, please list the airport you would be flying out of.
- If applicable, do you know someone that you might be able to share a room with?
- Include a letter of support from your supervisor or head of organization.
- If you are awarded a grant to attend the conference, would you be willing to assist with fundraising to raise money for the Professional Development and Education Fund? Note: Your reply is not required nor is it part of the judging criteria.
- EXTENDED: July 28, 2017 for the 39th Annual Conference and Exhibition to be held at the Hilton Baltimore, Maryland, January 23-25, 2018.
Applications may be sent by email, fax or mail:
5868 East 71st Street, Suite E 367
Indianapolis, IN 46220
Voice and Fax: +1 212.629.4036