INTIX Membership & Benefits
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
2017 Conference Events for Mentors 0 K. Brennan, FutureTix, Inc.   TUESDAY, JAN 24    8:15 - 9:15 am  (MANDATORY FOR MENTORS) First Timers Meet and Greet Breakfast Located in Grand Salon 3/6 Designed for anyone attending the Conference for the first time, this valuable informational and fun session helps you get the most from your experience. INTIX veterans are hosting and are ready to answer questions about INTIX, the conference and New Orleans to get the networking started. Click here to see First Timers Tips!     11 - 11:30 am - Networking Break Red Dot Mingle  Located at the Red Dot Lounge Come welcome the Red Dots!  All INTIX Members are welcome.  Mentors and Red Dots are encouraged to meet up at the Red Dot Lounge to spend some quality time getting to know each other, asking questions, networking and helping Red Dots get the lay of the land.           4:45 pm - 5:15 pm Exhibit Hall Tour @ 5 pm Located at the Exhibit Hall (Meet up @ Red Dot Lounge) Meet at The Red Dot Lounge at 4:45 pm to get a tour the exhibit hall. There's lots to see and plenty of people to talk to.  Feel free to ask questions or join in with some tips!  Mentors, Red Dots, and anyone interested in a quick overview of the Exhibit Hall are welcome.  Note:  The exhibit hall will be open from 5 - 7 pm.        WEDNESDAY, JAN 25   10:30 - 11 am - Networking Break Become a Mentor  Located at the Red Dot Lounge Have lots of knowledge and expertise to share? Well then, you should consider volunteering as a Mentor!  Meet at The Red Dot Lounge to learn more about the program, ask questions, and sign up today!     6:45 pm Meet Up Before the Bash Located at BB King’s (Meet up at the Red Dot Lounge first - transportation to the venue is included) Don't want to go alone?  Meet at the Red Dot Lounge and go as a group to the INTIX Celebration!   Note:  The INTIX Celebration will run from 7 - 10 pm, with an after party in the Spirits Lounge from 10 - midnight.     THURSDAY, JAN 26   1 - 2 pm  Volunteer Fair & Committee Meetings Located at Grand Salon 3/6
by K. Brennan, FutureTix, Inc.
Friday, December 9, 2016
Email Template: Reaching out to your Red Dot 0 K. Brennan, FutureTix, Inc. Hello ___,  I have been assigned as your INITIX Mentor!  I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and explain a little bit about the INTIX Mentor Program.  My name is [name] and I currently work for [organization] as [title].  I signed up to be a Mentor and was assigned to you.  The Red Dot Mentor Program was recently developed by the Member Connections Committee with the goal of ensuring that you get the most out of INTIX membership as well as your first conference.    I am here to help you.  Here is my direct contact information you can use:  Phone:  Email:  Other: [facebook, twitter, linkedin, or whatever your preference is] Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any thoughts or concerns.  I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.   Lastly, I'd like to take a minute to invite you to the First Timer's Breakfast on [enter date & time] at the conference.  I think it would be a great time to meet face-to-face. Does this work for you?  It's great to meet you!   Sincerely,  [add name]    
Friday, November 4, 2016
What resources are available to me? 0 K. Brennan, FutureTix, Inc. Mentor Program Information  What resources are available to me?   There are many resources available to all INTIX members, veterans and rookies alike!  As a mentor, we strongly encourage you to become familiar with these resources so you may guide your Red Dot effectively. ·         INTIX.org ·         Web Forums ·         Member Directory ·         Regional Ticketing Groups ·         Industry publications and websites ·         Career Center ·         Upcoming webinars and educational opportunities            If the multiple online resources don’t get you the information you need, you will always have fellow mentors and the Member Connections committee available to assist you.  Click the following link for a list of committee members and their contact information:  Contact a Mentor Directly.
Friday, November 4, 2016
Who am I going to mentor? 0 K. Brennan, FutureTix, Inc. Mentor Program Information Who am I going to mentor?   Your "mentee" will be first-time conference attendees (also known as a Red Dot).  Red Dots are encouraged to reach out to you and make the most of your resources, talent, and knowledge.  You will be their mentor for two years.    Each person enrolled in the Mentor program will receive two Mentors.  One will be assigned based on similar vertical / genre work experience or to meet the needs of a specific request.  The other will be assigned randomly based on who is next on the Mentor list.  This is done in order to provide each new INTIX member with the as many resources as possible. 
Friday, November 4, 2016
Mentor Checklist - What will I do as a mentor? 0 K. Brennan, FutureTix, Inc. Mentor Program Information What will I do as a mentor? As a mentor, you will be expected to… Welcome - Welcome new Red Dots via phone or email once they have been assigned you as their mentor within 1-2 weeks of being assigned.  Contact Info - Offer your help and contact information so that you can be a resource for your Red Dot. They may ask you questions about INTIX, the conference, INITX.org, or the ticketing industry in general. Red Dot Forums - Utilize the INTIX Red Dot Forums by introducing yourself as a Mentor, answering questions added by Red Dots and posting any tips or tricks you’ve learned from your past experiences. Prepare - Help them prepare (e.g. packing, scheduling and travel, choosing sessions, etc.) so that they can make the most out of their first INTIX conference experience. First Timer's Breakfast - Schedule a time and place to meet up with your Red Dot at the INTIX Conference and participate in First Timer’s Breakfast (mandatory). Red Dot Lounge - Volunteer to spend time at the Red Dot Lounge. Follow Up - Reach out to your Red Dot after the conference, remaining their Mentor, and a resource, for a total of two years.    We recommend you reach out to your Red Dots(s) a couple of months in advance of each conference to review key points about the conference such as hotel reservations, planning which sessions to attend, or navigating the various events, activities, and networking opportunities.    We encourage you to meet with your Red Dots periodically during the conference to help ensure a positive first experience.  Furthermore, we would appreciate it if you welcomed all Red Dots by volunteering your time at the “Red Dot Lounge”, or any of the events specifically planned for the Mentor Program (full agenda w/ additional details to come).  
Friday, November 4, 2016